Full Stack Developer
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Position: Full Stack Developer
Start date: ASAP
How would you like to develop responsive WordPress websites and custom web solutions using some of the latest and most exciting web technologies?
We’re looking for an experienced and driven full stack developer with the right attitude to assist in the development of our bespoke web solutions.
If you have a proven track record in delivering high quality web projects this could be the perfect opportunity for you to develop with an award-winning and industry-leading creative agency.
Bluestone360 is a leader in the design and development of custom website development, delivering solutions to customers across Plymouth and the South West.
We are based at the historic Royal William Yard on the outskirts of Plymouth city centre.
Our clients include Samworth Brothers, Ginsters, National Marine Aquarium, Foot Anstey, City College Plymouth, Plessey, Rowcroft Hospice, Alpha Logic and Sutton Harbour Group.
Our current team is made up of Account Executives, Graphic Designers, Developers and Administrators who all contribute to making Bluestone360 a positive and friendly working environment.
As a Senior Developer you will be responsible for developing and leading in the innovation of Bluestone360’s digital offering.
You will work closely with account managers, designers, and the development team to create bespoke and innovative websites and digital products.
This role requires a unique individual with a passion for technology, learning and making things work.
You will need to work to tight deadlines, have a strong attention to detail and have a willingness to collaborate with the team.
You must be able to showcase your previous work.
- Lead in the development of bespoke responsive HTML5 websites and digital products
- Contribute to technical discussions for internal and client facing meetings
- Produce proposals, pitch presentations, response documents, website critiques and quotes
- Develop functional specifications, sitemaps, timelines and wireframes
- Provide technical support, resolving bugs and issues
- To collaborate and communicate effectively with other developers, designers, account managers and clients.
- To provide creative input and find solutions
Skills and qualities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate technical concepts both in written word and verbally
- Ability to problem solve
- Deadline focused
- Have an eye for what looks aesthetically pleasing
- An awareness of current digital techniques and design trends
- Work from initiative and prioritize work loads
- HTML & CSS, SASS
- PHP, mySQL, phpmyadmin
- CMS Experience, WordPress
- Knowledge of mobile first responsive web development and design
- Competency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Cross browser testing
- Understanding of technical SEO
- Understanding of hosting and DNS configuration
Highly desirable skills
- UI design
- HTML Emails
- Knowledge of SEO
- Accessibility compliance
- PPC campaigns
- Social Media
- Content creation
How to apply
If you think you would like to join the Bluestone360 team we’d love to hear from you!
Please send us your CV and any links to work which demonstrate how your skills align with this job role. All applications must have a cover letter that contains a brief explanation as to why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org for review, making sure you include Full Stack Developer in the subject line.
Note: Shortlisted candidates might be required to carry out a development test as part of the application process.