We’re always looking for new talent to join our team or work with, so why not send your CV across. Tell us a little about yourself and what kind of role you’d be interested in.
A mandatory requirement is good tea-making skills.
Email us on email@example.com or call us on 01752 700777.
We currently have one Vacancy.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Start date: ASAP
Salary dependent on experience.
How would you like to develop responsive WordPress websites and custom web solutions using some of the latest and most exciting web technologies?
We’re looking for an experienced and driven WordPress developer with the right attitude to assist in the development of our bespoke web solutions.
If you have a proven track record in delivering high quality web projects this could be the perfect opportunity for you to develop with an award-winning and industry-leading creative agency.
As an experienced Developer you will be responsible for developing and leading in the innovation of Bluestone360’s digital offering.
You will work closely with account managers, designers, and the development team to create bespoke and innovative websites and digital products.
This role requires a unique individual with a passion for technology, learning and making things work.
You will need to work to tight deadlines, have a strong attention to detail and have a willingness to collaborate with the team.
You must be able to showcase your previous work, outlining the complexities you have encountered and how you have solved them.
- Development of custom WordPress websites
- Contribute to technical discussions for internal and client facing meetings
- Produce proposals, pitch presentations, response documents, website critiques and quotes
- Develop functional specifications, sitemaps, timelines and wireframes
- Provide technical support, resolving bugs and issues
- To collaborate and communicate effectively with other developers, designers, account managers and clients.
- To provide creative input and find solutions
- Attend key meetings as part of the bluestone360 team, being confident in presenting to clients
- Bring new ideas to the department and assist in the development of the business
Skills and qualities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate technical concepts both in written word and verbally
- Ability to problem solve
- Deadline focused
- Have an eye for what looks aesthetically pleasing
- An awareness of current/upcoming digital techniques and design trends
- Work from initiative and prioritize work loads
- Custom WordPress development
- Front end technologies:
- Semantic HTML5 (including knowledge of WCAG Accessibility)
- Responsive mobile-first CSS / SCSS (we use SCSS)
- Strong PHP
- mySQL, phpmyadmin
- Composer / Bedrock
- Gulp / npm
- WordPress CLI
- Familiarity with GITHUB
- Cross browser testing
- Understanding of technical /engagement SEO
- Understanding of hosting, DNS configuration, Cloudflare
We are moving towards Gutenberg block development and hopefully in the future headless WordPress using React. Experience with these concepts and the ability to bring your knowledge into our existing team would be highly advantageous.
Bluestone360 is a leader in the design and development of custom wordpress website development, delivering solutions to customers across Plymouth, the South West and across the UK.
We’ve worked with well known national brands, startups and exciting challenger brands. Over the last 33 years, we have really come to understand what drives a successful brand, it’s at the heart of everything we do.
Although we are currently all working from home, we are usually based at the historic Royal William Yard on the outskirts of Plymouth city centre.
We work on a wide variety of websites from the complex to the simply beautiful. Our clients include Higgidy, Jake & Nayns’, National Marine Aquarium, Ocean Conservation Trust, Foot Anstey, City College Plymouth, City of Bristol College, Rowcroft Hospice, Samworth Brothers, Ginsters amongst others. To see some of our case studies please visit bluestone360.co.uk.
Our current team is made up of Account Managers, Graphic Designers, Developers and Administrators who all contribute to making Bluestone360 a positive and friendly working environment.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Steve Watson: firstname.lastname@example.org.